The OGM was held on 30 September 2013 at The Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor Hotel, Edinburgh, and on 1 October 2013 at South Lanarkshire Council Headquarters, Almada Street, Hamilton and The Northern Hotel, Brechin.
Following a presentation on the Board’s proposal for the next stage of development of the Society’s democratic structure a resolution to change the Society’s rules 54 and 64 was considered by Members. As the resolution related to a rule change it required to be passed by two thirds majority of the total Society wide votes cast.
The results of the Society wide vote excluding abstentions were as follows:
The resolution was duly carried.
Agenda of business
1. Synopsis of Minutes of Annual General Meeting held on 29 and 30 April 2013.
2. Appointment of Tellers.
3. Directors’ Report/Interim Accounts.
4. Penrith Co-operative Society Limited – Transfer of Engagements.
5. Consider Rule changes to facilitate: the integration of Penrith into the West Region; the transfer of West Lothian into the East Region (as identified by the Society’s Constitutional Review in 2008 – 2010); to complete the transitional arrangements necessary to increase the democratic representation in the North Region; and after a transitional period the creation of a new Regional Committee to include the Penrith membership area.
6. Nominations for Regional Committees:
- East Regional Committee: 4 Members to serve for 3 years;
- North Regional Committee: 2 Members to serve for 3 years;
- West Regional Committee: 4 Members to serve for 3 years and 1 Member to serve for 2 years.
7. Elections to the Board:
- East: 1 Regional Committee Member to serve for 3 years
- North: 1 Regional Committee Member to serve for 3 years
- West: 2 Regional Committee Member to serve for 3 years
8. Membership and Community Development Report.
9. General business.