- The competition is to design a magazine cover that creatively captures the essence of the RNLI’s 200-year legacy, emphasising elements of inspiration, courage, and community spirit. The winning design will be featured on the front cover of Jigsaw, Scotmid’s member magazine.
- To enter the competition, submit your design via this site email firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Scotmid Membership Team, Hillwood House, Harvest Drive, Newbridge, EH28 8QJ.
- The original artwork will be needed – email entrants will be asked for original artwork.
- Design specifications: Please create your design using the template provided at https://scotmid.coop/design-jigsaw-magazine-cover/
- Each entry must include the participant’s name and age and contact details. Incomplete entries lacking this information will not be considered for judging. The provided information will be used solely for the competition purposes.
- The competition deadline is 19th April 2024. The winner will be notified by 26th April and the winner must respond within 5 working days. Scotmid reserves the right to offer the prize to another entrant if the winner fails to respond within this timeframe.
- The winner will be determined by a panel of independent judges based on creativity, imagination, and how well the design represents the partnership between Scotmid and RNLI.
- No feedback will be provided to participants. There will be no opportunity for appeal.
- The competition is being run in Scotland (Scotmid), north England (Lakes & Dales Co-op and Northern Ireland (Semichem)
- To be eligible, participants must be under the age of 18 on the date of entry.
- Entries received are assumed to have full consent for photography for social media and press releases. The winning entrant’s name and location may be publicised.
- Eligible entrants and an appropriate adult must be available to attend two unveiling dates. The winner must confirm their availability upon selection.
- One prize will be awarded, including the winning design featured on Scotmid’s member magazine cover, a donation of £500 Scotmid vouchers to a school/group/charity of the winner’s choosing, a tour of RNLI lifeboat station for winners family/school class or visit by RNLI to the winners school class*, a framed copy of the design, and a RNLI merchandise package.
- The prize is non-transferable, and no cash alternative is available.
- The organisers can substitute/replace any part of the prize package.
- Participants will not be entitled to any royalties or compensation beyond the stated prize.
- All entries become the property of Scotmid and will not be returned.
- Entries that are offensive, abusive, misleading, unethical, discriminating, or defaming in nature will be rejected.
- By submitting an entry, participants agree to these terms and conditions. Entries must be the original work of the participant and must not have been previously published or received any prize.
- By entering, participants acknowledge that their entry may be used on Scotmid and RNLI’s platforms, and both organisations have the right to use, edit, display, and distribute the entries for any purpose.
- Participants retain copyright ownership of their entries, with Scotmid and RNLI obtaining usage rights only, as stated above.
- If the terms and conditions are breached, Scotmid and RNLI reserve the right to disqualify the participant from the competition at their sole discretion.
- Scotmid and RNLI accept no liability regarding any loss, damage, or injury arising from participation in the competition.
- Scotmid and RNLI accept no liability of any claims, losses, or damages resulting from their participation or entry.
- Scotmid and RNLI reserve the right to amend or update the terms and conditions, if necessary, with notice provided via the competition web page or social media channels.
- No travel costs will be paid to entrants or winners.
*Visit to RNLI station may be substituted for a classroom or virtual experience.