We are inviting young Picassos, Warhols, and Rembrandts to let their imaginations set sail ahead of the RNLI’s 200th anniversary.
The competition celebrates our charity partnership with RNLI.
Budding artists are invited to design a front cover that highlights the spirit of the RNLI’s work over the years within its communities, emphasising elements of inspiration, courage, and community spirit. The winning design will reach thousands of our members. In addition, the winner will receive an exclusive package of prizes.
Entry details are as follows:
- Who Can Enter: Anyone aged 18 years and under.
- The Theme: Artwork that embodies the spirit of the RNLI and its 200 years of brave, life-saving endeavours.
- Please use this design template
- Deadline for Entries: Make sure your masterpieces are submitted by 19 April 2024.
- Submission Guidelines: Send your artwork to email@example.com or by post to the Scotmid Membership Team, Hillwood House, Harvest Drive, Newbridge, EH28 8QJ.
- T&Cs: https://scotmid.coop/design-a-magazine-cover-comp-terms-conditions/
Shirley MacGillivray, Head of Membership and Community at Scotmid, said: “This competition is a wonderful way to commemorate such a huge milestone for the RNLI and our shared commitment to our communities. Partnering with the RNLI has been a privilege, as their tireless efforts serve as a lifeline. We’re excited to provide young artists a platform to express their creativity and honour the invaluable work of RNLI volunteers.”
Paul McKeown of RNLI said: “What a fantastic way for young people to showcase their creativity and join us in celebrating this significant milestone. We eagerly anticipate seeing the entries and appreciate Scotmid’s support and dedication to our cause.”
Funds raised over the course of the charity partnership will enable the RNLI to purchase a new Atlantic 85 lifeboat, which will form part of its relief fleet and will be used by stations to assist in critical rescues during times when vessels are undergoing repairs or maintenance.